I just have to write about this experience. I’d seen three Cirques before Kooza: Mystere (bleck), O (interesting) and Varekai (AMAZING). So I wasn’t too sure, given the previous spectrum, what to expect.
This was the first time I saw a Cirque with VIP Tapis Rouge tickets (thank you, mommy!) OH MY GAH. Life is different. The world is beautiful. I still feel decadent.
The food before the show and at intermission is sumptuous. There’s all the wine, beer and champagne you can drink. The staff is unfailingly courteous. You have the best seats in the house.
And, luck of all luck, a clown came and flirted with me DURING the show! Not the pre-show, but actually during the show. He kicked Eric out of his aisle seat, and then sat down and put his arm around me.
“Hi there,” he said.
“Oh hai,” I said back, and I’m positive I sounded like I was five.
He left shortly thereafter, once the King had accosted and then assured Eric. The King made me put my arm around Eric, and then gave me the advice: “Don’t let him go.”
Kooza itself was definitely retro. The contortionists are mind boggling, although my favorite act involved a rotating hamster run. Really impressive.
The music was good. The set sucked (but who cared??)
All in all, a five star experience.
Been dreaming about questing through dystopias… I’ll go through some hardships to understand the quest, and then repeat the steps in reverse in the dream.
- Justin: http://web.mit.edu/press/2010/cortex-video-game.html
- me: that's just awesome
- Justin: so now if you ever lose at a video game
- you have an excuse
- me: lmao that was RUDE
- i'm not sure i want to entertain you any more : P
There will be two albums capturing the wonder of Lewis Carroll’s beloved books and visionary director Tim Burton. “Almost Alice” is a 16-song compilation featuring ALICE IN WONDERLAND’S end credit track “Alice (Underground)” written by Avril Lavigne and produced by Butch Walker. Danny Elfman composes the score for the original motion picture soundtrack. Both albums will be released on March 2, 2010.
Here is the complete track list for “Almost Alice”:
1. “Alice (Underground)” performed by Avril Lavigne
2. “The Poison” performed by The All-American Rejects
3. “The Technicolor Phase” performed by Owl City
4. “Her Name Is Alice” performed by Shinedown
5. “Painting Flowers” performed by All Time Low
6. “Where’s My Angel” performed by Metro Station
7. “Strange” performed by Tokio Hotel and Kerli
8. “Follow Me Down” performed by 3OH!3 featuring Neon Hitch
9. “Very Good Advice” performed by Robert Smith
10. “In Transit” performed by Mark Hoppus with Pete Wentz
11. “Welcome to Mystery” performed by Plain White T’s
12. “Tea Party” performed by Kerli
13. “The Lobster Quadrille” performed by Franz Ferdinand
14. “Running Out of Time” performed by Motion City Soundtrack
15. “Fell Down a Hole” performed by Wolfmother
16. “White Rabbit” performed by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
Spent all day at Disneyland.
Despite having a pass, its charm has not been lost. In fact, I had more fun today than in many of my past visits <3
I haven’t written in any of the three books I’m working on in over a month.
Starting again has been really, really hard.
Harder than it should be.
I feel like a total idiot.
But at the same time, incredibly enlightened.
It’s been a strange night…